Please Click ROSA link for Abstract Submission
Jujube (Ziziphus Mill.) belongs to the family Rhamnaceae. It consists of more than 170 species, most of which are distributed in tropical and subtropical regions.Chinese jujube (Ziziphus jujuba Mill.) and Indian jujube (Ziziphus mauritiana Lam.) are widely cultivated by more than 30 million farmers. It is also grown wildly in many countries ranging from Madagascar to Eastern Europe. Jujube fruit can be consumed as fresh, dried, candied and as sweetened tea drink. The importance of jujube species is rapidly increasing due to their health value as well as their high adaptation to marginal conditions ranging from cold temperatures to desert ecosystems.
You are welcome to contribute papers to be presented orally or as posters at the conference. The format of presentation and the section will be assigned based on author's options and content. The manuscripts will be evaluated and revised by two reviewers, and acceptable papers will be published in a volume of the ISHS series Acta Horticulturae after the conference. Guidelines for registration, abstraction submission and specifications of scientific paper and poster will be available on the web http://www.ihc2018.org.
The First and the Second International Jujube Symposia were held in China in Baoding and Xinzheng, respectively. The Third International Jujube Symposium under the auspices of the International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS) was held in 2014 as one of the symposia of the 29th International Horticultural Congress in Brisbane, Australia. The previous jujube symposia brought hundreds of scientists together. This symposium will also bring together experiences gained under different agro-ecosystems, exchange research findings, introduce new species/varieties and discuss their nutritional/medicinal properties. The specific aim of this fourth symposium in series is to provide an international forum on jujube for researchers, academics, business people as well as government officials with the updates and to let more people know jujube and enjoy it.
- Overview (Present status, problem, advances, prospect, economy, market and etc.)
- Genetics & Breeding
- Diseases and pests
- Post-harvest treatment and processing
- Future prospects
- Mengjun Liu (Research Center of Chinese Jujube, Agricultural University of Hebei, China)
- Guijun Yan (Institute of Agriculture, The University of Western Australia Crawley)
- J. S. Bal (Punjab Agricultural University, India)
- Rayappa Appa Balıkai (University of Agricultural Sciences, India)
- C Sudhersan (Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research, Kuwait)
- Florin Stanica (Faculty of Horticulture, University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Bucarest, Romania)
- Shengrui Yao (New Mexico State University, USA)
- F. Cossio, (Experimental Institute for Fruit Growing, Verona Province, Italy)
- K. Gündüz (Mustafa Kemal University, Antakya, Turkey)
- Zhihui Zhao (Research Center of Chinese Jujube, Agricultural University of Hebei, China) (Symposium Scientific Secretary)